From the time poker came into existence to today’s scenario, Poker is a game that has been chosen by people of different ages and genders. Back in the 16th century, Germans called it Pochen, which the French started calling Poque. It was the 1830s when the game got the name Poker and became a major playing game.
There are infinite variations of Poker available, and this is a game that is not something only played at home. Poker is a game that is famous in casinos. They are mostly played in a social gathering for pennies, and professionals mostly play for dollars. Thus, before taking part in the casinos, you must have the knowledge and, of course, good luck to be able to win.
The Pack Of Cards:
There is a 52 pack of cards which sometimes have one or two jokers in it. This one pack game, in recent times, can be virtually played. This is most popular in clubs and casinos among the players. The game has two packs of cards with contrasting colours, which are used to give speed to this game. One of the packs is dealt, and another is shuffled and is being prepared for the coming deal.
The process of two-packs includes that while the deal is progressing, the previous dealer would start assembling the cards from the dealt pack. It would need proper shuffling and then place the pack on the left. When the next deal is about to start, the deck that is shuffled would then pass to the next dealer. Even in some games with two packs, cutting the deck happens from the left-hand opponent and not the right-hand opponent.
Values of cards:
While Poker can be played in a number of ways, players who have a better understanding of the values and principles of the game can play the game of Poker without facing any difficulties. Poker hands generally consist of five different cards, and there can be a range of combinations. So here we will find out the hand and the pairs.
- Five of a kind: The highest hands in Poker is probably this hand. This is the type where at least one of the cards is wild, like two one-eyed jack, a joker or four deuces. Some of the most common examples of such hands are 10, 10, 10, 10 and three wild cards or two queens or a wild card.
- Straight Flush: When the standard pack is used in the game, this is probably the highest hand with no wild cards. In a straight flush, you can find five cards from the same suit, which are in a sequence like 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 from the same suit. The highest one from the straight flush is A, K, Q, J and 10 from the same suit. This is one of the special combinations, which of course, takes luck. Hence it has got the name of a royal straight flush or royal flush. The probability of getting this hand is 1 in 650,000.
- Four of a kind: The next highest card hand in Poker is four of a kind which ranks just below the straight flush. One of the examples of this hand includes four aces. Irrespective of what the fifth card is, when you have four similar cards, it belongs to the four of a kind.
- Full House: This is a colourful hand that consists of three cards from the same rank and another two from another. Example: two 4s and three 8s.
- Flush: It will have five cards from the same suit, not in sequence. Example: 2,6,9,10,Q of diamonds.
- Two Pairs: This will have a pair from one rank and another from different ranks, and the fifth from a different rank. Example: Q, Q, 7, 7, 2
- Three of a Kind: This is a hand where three cards are from one rank and two from another.
- High card: This is one of the most common types which have nothing that can pair. When more than one player gets one such hand, the highest card is considered the winner.
So now that you know where the high card in Poker stands in a deck, you can download GetMega and start playing. Win exciting rewards and play hard.